Friday, 20 February 2009

I've Started So I'll Finish

The last few weeks have been very exciting for me in that I have finally "got" knitting. I've tried for years to do it - after H was born, after C was born only to give up halfway through a garter-stitched bag! But it's always been in the back of my mind of something I want to learn (that, and Crochet but I'm taking one step at a time here). Perhaps I was trying too hard the last time(s) but it's clicked and I'm not giving up! Perhaps it's that I am now a member of a new knitting group or that I have a new set of bamboo needles but The List Writer's house was the place I started to really enjoy knitting! She even had nibbles and wine and I kicked myself for filling up on roast chicken before I left home.

I started off simply - I made a facecloth. I love it. I love the fact that when I use it and rinse it out I look at all the stitches and think I made this myself and I'm using it. Last week I dug out my knitting books (I have quite a few for an inexperienced knitter!) and bought some wool.



This little sock is my first go at proper making-something-that-someone-can-wear kind of knitting. My mum is a very good knitter and I had to call her 3 times when I couldn't work out what the pattern meant. I have a baby in mind (there seems to be a bit of a baby boom in my circle of friends at the moment) so I can enjoy making little things for new babies and finally doing something I have wanted to crack for decades. I'm finally doing it! Now I just need to make the other one....







3 comments:

The List Writer said...

Now you've started there will be no stopping you! Can't tell you how impressed I am that you've done a SOCK!

*~Niki~* said...

Well done on your knitting! I'm a left handed crocheter and I can tell you it's not hard! Once you get it it's really easy. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects. Niki xxx

Claire said...

Hi there,
Sassy site! Just want to invite you to join a new social networking
community...it's global...mainly women from Australia & USA right now but wanting more from UK, Europe & Asia...join us at
http://www.sassy-mamas.com/ Get sassy today!