1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I enjoy spending time choosing my paper carefully, together with tags and ribbons. If someone has a particularly awkward present, they get a bag.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Growing up we had an artificial one. Hubby prefers real. I love the smell, but hate it when we have to take it outside after Christmas, and the perpetual hoovering up of needles.
3. When do you put up the tree? Second week in December usually. Children have their trees up already! This goes up on 1st December, naturally!
4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible after Christmas!! Usually New Year's Day, that means there are people around to help, otherwise I get lumbered doing it myself.
5. Do you like eggnog? Even the name makes we want to gag...so that's a No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Handmade dolly in a basket, made by my Grandma. My daughter plays with it now.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? We did have one which my Grandad made, but it fell apart after years of play. I've seen a gorgeous one which I'm hoping to buy with the children next week.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law. There are only so many war books/bow ties/chocolates you can buy one person! Bless him!
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An epilator. One word.....OWWWWWWWW!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like both, as long as someone thinks of you, who cares where it comes from!
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone or Elf. "Santaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around September time. When Borders in Beckton closed down, I pretty much did the children's christmas presents in one go.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes and they all went to very good homes.
14. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Full roast, then turkey sandwiches with stuffing and cranberries.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear and no chasing, twinkling, fading etc etc. Just plain!
16. Favorite Christmas song/carol? O Holy Night - gives me goosebumps.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? One year here, one year away.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I will get my "Night Before Christmas" book out and I'll be able to tell you! But off the top of my head? No
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. Haven't found the right Angel yet. Maybe I'll make one for next year.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve?!?!?!?! Noooo Christmas Morning thank you very much! We have table presents after lunch and then MORE presents in the afternoon when visiting relatives. Some smaller ones are kept for Boxing Day too.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People panic buying food in the supermarket.
Wishing you a very joyous and peaceful Christmas, and a happy new year!
A little picture of my moody angel at her Nativity!!